[haiku-development] Re: Haiku, Inc. in Contempt of Its Community

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 17:33:04 -0500

> On Feb 17, 2015, at 4:49 PM, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 1:34 PM, Augustin Cavalier
> <waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Augustin, you miss the point here is that PM could have been less
>>> disruptive.
>>
>> +1, but that ship has sailed. All we can do now is ensure A4->B1 upgrading
>> is smooth (and there are a lot of TODOs there...)
>
> It has? Last I checked we weren't even out of alpha yet...
>
> Why must the current situation be so etched in stone if there's
> potentially a better solution out there?
>
> Frankly, I had always assumed that the package management changes
> would ultimately be re-evaluated and tweaked again before we hit
> release - I'm kinda surprised it hadn't happened yet.

Do you think that the issues with package management discussed in this thread
are serious enough to warrant bringing Ingo and/or Oliver back for another
round of Haiku, Inc. sponsored revisions (assuming they were willing to take up
the mantle) before Beta1? That would most likely be the best way to get these
changes made since nobody else has as much experience and understanding of
package management.

I wouldn’t mind hearing from Ingo and Oliver what they think about it.