[haiku-development] Re: Disable screensaver?

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 15:31:30 +0100 CET

> I think we need a more generic approach, which will also have to work
> when
> we implement any power saving stuff. An application needs to be able
> tell the system that it's "doing something". Obviously, all apps are
> doing

+1

Indeed, we really need something alike...

> something, but there has got to be a way for the system to determine
> if
> that is something the user cares about or not. For example, the
> SETI@Home
> client my peak the CPUs, but it could be regarded different from a
> long
> running rendering of some 3D application. Ideally, I'd like to be
> able to
> configure this, but have some useful defaults. Possibly even
> depending on
> daytime. For example, if the MediaPlayer is playing a movie, no
> matter if

I think that's the kind of things that should really be scriptable (in
the sense of python, lua or interpreted C++, or some GUI-prettied
version of those), like there would be a default script the user can
change.

A first approach could be like the attribute criteria in the find
panel...
match something, and add other matches.

François.