[haiku-appserver] Re: testing under R5

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 08:50:01 +0300

Hi Axel,

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wouldn't it make even more sense to go to src/tests/servers/app and build both the test app server and all test apps at once? :-P

My apps usually don't stay there. :-P
I told you, I'm not testing with those apps. I'm using mines.
What I am interested in is that I build and run the server in r5. I'm not
interested in test applications for the server.

It makes a lot of sense to test against all apps to identify regressions and misconceptions of a concept. Since the test system is ready for use, and simple to use as well, I couldn't think of a reason why you'd like to neglect it.

:-)
I'm using those apps too from time to time to how/if my changes affect their functionality. But, most of the time, I'm using my apps to test the area that I'm most interested in. (window manager, clipping code, etc.).

        I'm not totally indifferent to those apps! :-)

Bye, Adi.