[haiku-appserver] Re: testing under R5

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:32:28 +0300

Axel Dörfler wrote:

Hi Adi, and welcome back! I hope (and guess actually) you had a great time!

Thanks Axel. I had a *great* time and I almost did not wanted to come back to work (I don't like that much what I'm doing :p).

Note that we didn't come as far as we intended to do, as I got pretty much taken down by my master thesis and Stephan is busy with releasing WonderBrush 2.0 on CD.

Well I hope you get a 10+ at your thesis and wish Stephan and Ingo to sell many many copies of WonderBrush!

Only a very small part of the app_server refactoring is done yet, and you still have some weeks that you can use to complete the integration of your new layer code if you intend so.

A, OK. the problem is that I'm having less and less time for Haiku, but I'll try to do what I can. It is my intention to leave Haiku.org (unless I get a job :p) *but not before R1* as I want to finish the job that I have begun almost 3 years ago. [Sorry, life ain't always easy and pleasing. I am a family man now, and I have to make sure I sustain it financially (my wife is in faculty, I live at my sister's home, credits to pay). Sorry, I hope you understand.]

I will probably come back to regular developing in about 3 to 4 weeks from now (I am off in New York for the first two weeks in September, and after that I might have to sort out some issues of my master thesis - and I'll be moving, too).

I'll do some refactoring by myself with the new clipping code, and I will continue to do that where I think it's appropriately. When you come back, if you don't like it, you can modify it. :-)

Have a great time! Adi.