[haiku-appserver] testing under R5

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:13:07 +0300

Hi guys!

I tried to test the app_server on R5, but I'm having trouble doing that.
First of my problems was the fact that under R5, when trying to run ./app_server it liked against R5's libbe.so so I got a missing symbol. (this did not happen 2-3 months ago, when we had libopenbeos.so)
I solved this by copying our libbe.so in ./lib/ subdir.
2nd problem (I think) is that our app_server links against our libroot.so so, when trying to run the server I again got a missing symbol (strlcpy) because it dynamically links against R5's libroot.so.
(Maybe this isn't the problem. If not, can you tell me what the problem is?)

        I'm not an expert in build systems so I'm asking for your help.
        How do you test the app_server under R5?

Thanks, Adi.