[haiku-appserver] Re: testing under R5

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 17:51:57 +0200 CEST

Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Axel Dörfler wrote:
> > Hi Adi, and welcome back! I hope (and guess actually) you had a
> > great
> > time!
>       Thanks Axel. I had a *great* time and I almost did not wanted to
> come back to work (I don't like that much what I'm doing :p).

Nice to hear :)

> > Note that we didn't come as far as we intended to do, as I got
> > pretty
> > much taken down by my master thesis and Stephan is busy with
> > releasing
> > WonderBrush 2.0 on CD.
>       Well I hope you get a 10+ at your thesis and wish Stephan and Ingo
> to sell many many copies of WonderBrush!

I'm not so concerned about the rating, I just want to get done, it
starts to get annoying :)

> > Only a very small part of the app_server refactoring is done yet,
> > and
> > you still have some weeks that you can use to complete the
> > integration
> > of your new layer code if you intend so.
>       A, OK. the problem is that I'm having less and less time for Haiku,
> but I'll try to do what I can. It is my intention to leave Haiku.org
> (unless
> I get a job :p) *but not before R1* as I want to finish the job that
> I have
> begun almost 3 years ago. [Sorry, life ain't always easy and
> pleasing. I am
> a family man now, and I have to make sure I sustain it financially
> (my wife
> is in faculty, I live at my sister's home, credits to pay). Sorry, I
> hope
> you understand.]

Sure, I do understand, and I think you're priorities are about right
here, too :-)
This should be a fun project in your spare time, not a hard to fulfill
duty.

>       I'll do some refactoring by myself with the new clipping code,
> and I will continue to do that where I think it's appropriately. When
> you
> come back, if you don't like it, you can modify it. :-)

Okay, I'm looking forward to your changes!

> Have a great time!

I'll try :-)