[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Cool! I may be violating Canonical's New Intellectual Property Policy.

  • From: Greg Land <landjgregory@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 17:24:57 -0400

Or distribute a python script that downloads all of there stuff using there
bandwidth and generates the new image :D
On Jul 17, 2015 9:07 AM, "Anthony Cascone" <ajc317@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm pretty sure that distributing an image within a team is not the same
as re-distributing on the internet. Don't distribute on the internet and
you should be fine. You can, however, share the instructions you generated
to create the VM on the internet so that others that might be interested
can repeat your effort.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 5:01 PM John Lewis <oflameo2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I allegedly violated their trademark because I distributed an Xubuntu VM
with non-Ubuntu sourced software for APPPRS without Canonical's Permission.

On 07/16/2015 08:19 AM, James Keener wrote:

Which part in particular?

On July 16, 2015 6:21:06 AM EDT, John Lewis <oflameo2@xxxxxxxxx>
<oflameo2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.ubuntu.com/legal/terms-and-policies/intellectual-property-policy

I am not going to worry about it, according to the following link that
is largely unenforceable.
http://ebb.org/bkuhn/blog/2015/07/15/ubuntu-ip-policy.html

It will make me want to substitute Linux Mint for Ubuntu in the future.