[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Cool! I may be violating Canonical's New Intellectual Property Policy.

  • From: Greg Land <landjgregory@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 00:51:16 -0400

When I switched to arch I learned more about Linux in 3 months then I did
in 2 years of using Ubuntu.
As far as I am concerned canonicals "IP restrictions" are not only
misguided but out and out stupid. (Not to mention gpl unfriendly and
probably contradictory). That kind of bs will kill off Ubuntu pretty
quickly. Not that they haven't been trying to kill it for years with bad ui
design. It sits in an awkward place in my opinion and doesn't quite fill
the shoes it needs to. Kinda like windows 8.

Tldr: Ubuntu sux cause my desktop is not a tablet.
On Jul 18, 2015 12:20 AM, "John Lewis" <oflameo2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am already on the dark side, but I do want an Arch LXC. I am going to
go make one.

On 07/18/2015 12:13 AM, Greg Land wrote:

Come to the dark side. We have total control. archlinux.org