[guidedogchat] Re: collars

  • From: "J Kimbell" <whitetiger62@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 07:54:47 +0100

Our standard issue half check from Guide Dogs has a quick release clip, but you can still slip it over the dog's head, as I've always been used to the slip on and off type I never undid Wren's, just slipped it over her head, I never found it awkward but its what I've been used to doing for many years. I always remove the half check, its for work only, thats my personal choice. We are meant to keep a collar on them at all times with ID but I just dont like my dogs wearing collars all the time as it leaves a mark on the coat, just works under the coat at times so the fur sticks up, it looks orrible to my mind!! I swhould really have a collar on her in the house as a grab handle as well as with a tag on, but just dont like it.

Julia

----- Original Message ----- From: "pam" <pamyoung80@xxxxxxxxx>