[guide.chat] In Reply To: Daft jim

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>, "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 10:33:24 -0000

Carol;
Yep!
I know what you mean! Normally, I'm OK with a meeting or event if the content
is interesting.
The trouble is that Presbytery deals with legal issues, matters of finance and
building regulations, etc, which I find really hard to give my full attention
to.
Of course, there are diamonds in the dross: reports on our Malawi partnership,
new ministries, etc, but they are no compensation for the boring bits. However,
to keep a church running, we have to do the boring stuff as well as the
interesting stuff.
One question I'd like answered, though:
Why, two minutes into a discussion about the latest charity regulations, do I
always end up with an itchy bum?
Jim.