[guide.chat] In Reply To: Daft jim

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>, "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 09:46:15 -0000

Hi, Carol;
We don't have any specifically blind hotels up here - though there are many
which cater for disabled, as well as able-bodied, clients.
The place in which I've stayed at around this time of year, the 'Ben Doran'
hotel, in Tyndrum, is one such.
No steps, tactile numbers on room doors, colour contrasts ( as well as texture
contrasts) in rooms. They will provide a liquid level indicator for the cups in
your rooms if asked.
They have ten wheelchair accessible rooms in the hotel, which has three floors,
the dining room being on the top floor - but lifts are easily accessible to
blind people. Guide dogs are welcome ( if you tell them in advance, they will
provide bowls, etc.)
The package includes organised tours on wheelchair accessible buses, with well
informed couriers who are well versed in commentaries for visually impaired
folk.