[guide.chat] In Reply To: Daft jim

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>, "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 23:02:08 +0100

I believe it....honest!
I've had a pretty busy day, Carol.
I was taking part in the Church service today as it was led by the Worship Team.
That meant I was up at the crack of dawn going over my notes, as I was in the
pulpit.
My own congregation is linked with the neighbouring Catrine Parish Church, and,
as we share the minister, who was on holiday, I was preaching in both churches
this morning.
You wouldn't believe how tired that makes you! At least I had positive comments
from a lot of members and no-one threw a Bible at me...or, if they did, it
missed!
One of the good things about conducting a service is that you get to choose the
hymns you like, and I did.
I also made full use of the churches CD sound systems as I used some of my own
music instead of our organist,to play before the services started.
I got a few enquiries as to where they could buy the music I used.
Afterwards, I had tea and biscuits with some members, then I had to get back
home to finish typing up a 'fact file' I'm preparing for the local Blind Club,
with useful contacts, tips and addresses which newly registered blind folk
might need.
After emailing that to a friend who can laminate the paper for me, I'm relaxing.