[gmpi] Re: string encoding in teh API (UTFs)

  • From: Sebastien Metrot <meeloo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 20:28:14 +0100

thockin@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

UTF-16 is not a standard Windows feature. Win32 uses UCS-2.

Great, so Windows doesn't even support Unicode fully.

At least they don't change their mind about what subset of Unicode they support and what encoding converters their provide with every OS revision as do some fruity companies...

I'm trying to make a fair opinion, but it really seems to me that UTF-8 is
the standards-supported option for making data cross compiler boundaries.

I totaly agree with Tim. UTF-8 all the way...

Sebastien