[gmpi] Re: Querying a plugin's structure (params, IOs, etc)

  • From: Jeff McClintock <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 09:37:22 +1300

>    char* name;

Hi,
One small request. Windows uses 16 bit text (Unicode). ( 8-bit ASCII is also supported via thunking layers). I believe Linux uses 8-bit.

Would this be a good candidate for a "profile"?...

Req 6: GMPI must support the nuances of the various platforms it supports. The varying areas of the specification should be grouped into profiles for each platform. Each GMPI plugin is built for a single profile. As the GMPI specification becomes more complete, the exact details of what this support entails will become clearer. Hosts may support multiple profiles.

4.41. String Encoding. All strings in GMPI should be encoded unicode strings. The encoding must be decided by the implementation team.

Can I suggest "char" be replaced with "TCHAR" - type-of-char. Then we can compile either way.

Best Regards, Jeff