[gmpi] Re: Topic 7: Audio packaging

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:30:49 -0700 (PDT)

> SynthEdit handles this by sending the plugin an event.. "input number 1 is
> now silent".

> Should I be telling all my competitors this?, or keep it to myself?

We dreamed up a similar thing for XAP.  How does something that outputs
silence (an attenuator set to 0) tell the downstream plugin?  Does it send
an event to the host or does it have connections to each downstream port?
The buffer is a nice place for this, since they are by definition the comms
mechanism for downstream plugs.

Either way, this is a detail that we shouldn't even be talking about yet, I
think.  Or maybe..Ron?