[gmpi] Re: Topic 6: Time representation

  • From: Sebastien Metrot <meeloo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 21:27:11 +0200

Things like LookAhead Limiting, Reverse reverb, Scratch, pitch shifting without latency, muscal analisys for virtual synth (like analyse the score played to choose adequate samples)... Very cool stuff indeed if you ask me :) But also quite complicated to put in a clear and simple API. Maybe GMPI version 2?

Sebastien

Paul Davis wrote:

Call me an optimist, but I want my plugins to believe there is a future.<g>
Imagine a GMPI version (actually today in OPT version 1), where a plugin can
pull data from anywhere out of a project's timeline at any time. Giving
plugins access to future data and/or a birds-eye view of a song can be very
powerful.

what can a plugin do with the information, other than (perhaps) be very slightly more efficient?

--p