[gmpi] Re: Reqs 3.8 Events - ramped events

  • From: "Jeff McClintock" <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:55:25 +1300

>As David points out, the right answer is
> probably a worker thread or some such.

Yep,
I can live with that.  As you point out, I can choose to ignore the ramp,
just use the final value (or use an int).

>you must send a ramp event each buffer, but they all refer to the same
ramp.

I can understand why they did that (so plugins don't need to keep track of
ramps, long-term), but it kind of bugs me, the host sending the same ramp
over and over. Seems inefficient?

Jeff