[gmpi] Re: Reqs 3.6 and 3.7 (was Reqs section 3.6)

  • From: "Vincent Burel" <vincent.burel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 11:54:18 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Hockin" <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 7:31 AM
Subject: [gmpi] Reqs 3.6 and 3.7 (was Reqs section 3.6)

> On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 05:11:00AM -0800, Tim Hockin wrote:
> > #21 is gone in my working copy, now.
> >
> > Should I push my working copy up to the website, and ask everyone to
update
> > their cache?
>
> OK, I've updated the draft with nmy latest.  Please have a look at section
> 3.6 and 3.7, now.  I've moved host services closer to Host <-> plugin
stuff.

> http://www.gmpi-plugins.org/gmpi/requirements.php#sec_3.6

REQ 17 is useless , can be an obvious parenthesys of the REQ 18

REQ 18 : Plugins which need to run non-natively are in charge of loading,
initializing , communicate and manage the non-native Part of the plug-in,
it's like using the FPU or MMX SSE instruction, the plug-in takes care about
that.

FIX ME : NO. We just have to say here that the GUI is not directly linked to
the DSP part (by a pointer or whatever link), but provides communication
port (or function or whatever) to let the GMPI Host take in charge the
communication between GUI (even if native) and (DSP native part : the core).
This method does not forbid the plug-in to implement a network stuff if
wanted... But more interesting does not forbid the Host to manage a network
layer to communicate between a GUI on one computer, and the DSP code on an
other. This job won't be done by GMPI, but GMPI will allows that by design :
GUI dll independent from core dll.

REQ 19 : ok.

REQ 20 : let's add that a sample will be provided by the GMPI host SDK.

Vincent Burel