[gmpi] Re: Decision Time: 8.3

  • From: "Michael Gogins" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 02:33:46 -0400

Actually, the VST approach allows you to use floats to represent other
datatypes as long as they can be mapped one-to-one over the real numbers
from 0 through 1, because there are the "getParameterDisplay" and
"getParameterLabel" calls in addition to getting and setting actual "values"
(the term "value" can be misleading since the "display" might actually be a
text value).

Of course, this is NOT adequate for GMPI.

I would be satisfied with real numbers, text, and blobs.

Michael Gogins
gogins at pipeline period com
Irreducible Productions
Silence, a language for programming music and sound
Available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/silencevst/