[geocentrism] rotation

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 11:05:19 -0700 (PDT)

First: this is how we create a box the will translate around the sun in earths
supposed orbit
Second: we can fix a satilite so that it looks at the NCP but freefloating such
that any real rotation must manifest itself on that axis...Phil, this is
absolutly true because, otherwise the Grav probe B experiment would have failed
as well... only the box will translate with the earth since it is fixed to the
earth via ground stations. However, the freefloating satilite is only fixed wrt
the box on two of its axis..the third axis which runs along the NCP free floats
...it will not translate it must roatate if the earth and the box have any kind
of orbit tanslation or not. This is true because there is nothing to "lock" the
satilite in a translation around the sun, it free floats in the same way the
spining part of a gyroscope would freefloats. Remember, the background stars do
not move wrt the NCP/axis or in a GU they rotate into the same exact position
every 23h56m4s thus a net motion of 0 around the NCP.