[geocentrism] Re: expelled

  • From: Jack Lewis <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 09:58:11 +0100

Paul,
My comments in red.

Jack
Paul Deema wrote:
Jack L
I don't suggest that you did single me out. I'll accept your proposition that our positions are mutually based on belief. Note in my case at least, this does not imply faith -- it is simply a position which I hold for which I have no proof or hope of proof.
Therefore it is a faith position - you believe it in the absence of proof. Don't let it worry you Paul, its OK much of science is like this. I think most of cosmic science falls into this category.

Yes -- non-religious people do kill each other and sometimes over simple unwillingness to allow a dissenting view to be articulated. But there has never been a war so far as I know over a philosophical position other than a religious philosophical position. I accept that if the tenets of Christianity, Islam, etc etc were followed by all, then there wouldn't be any religious wars, but they aren't. The Crusades come to mind, the various Catholic/Protestant conflicts resulting from the Reformation, the Sunni/Shia intolerance, Catholic/Protestant attitudes of N Ireland -- there is no shortage of examples. I'll be very surprised however if you can point me to a war between the Platonists and Aristotelians, the Existentialists and the Nihilists, etc etc. If settling of religious disputes was very easy, between those with knowledge and/or understanding, as you suggest, then you and Neville could take a holiday. My Bible is well thumbed, and as I've pointed out to you, for most of my life I was a practising, convinced Christian. From memory, I was at it much longer than you.Then I started to notice just how many things didn't add up.
In that you should agree with me that those who profess to be Christians do not follow the teaching of the Bible. What was it that turned you - science, bad Christians or what?