[geocentrism] Re: Wise as a serpent

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:16:40 +1000

Jack said,
Philip,
Your fear of being critical sounds very much like the 'political correctness'
variety! When you are in possesion of the truth it is OK to cricise those who
reject it. The same goes for criticising Christian brothers who bring
disrespect to the Bible and the church. The Bible tells how to deal with people
like that. When people are exposed to the truth, feelings can inevitably get
hurt."

Actually I have been here long enough for most to know that I never fear being
critical. I will defend truth, sometimes in error.. But this does not mean that
I should desire to criticise the person. If personal hurt can be avoided, I
would desire to do it that way..

"When you are in possesion of the truth it is OK to cricise those who reject
it."

Absolutely not so for me.. It is OK to criticise their error, perhaps, but it
is better to not criticise, but explain their error in a positive leading way.
And definitely NOT judge or criticise the person.

After all, both you and I claim different "truths" and though our faith is
strong,  from the others view point either you or I must be wrong or both of us
can be wrong.

It becomes a matter of whether our intelligence is up to comprehending our
separate interpretations. In my case my dependence on the combined intelligence
of the entire councils of apostles of the Traditional Roman Church, and your
dependence upon your own intelligence in interpreting Scripture, from your own
selected books, alone, all by yourself..

Claiming the Holy Spirit is your guide, is no argument as everybody who has a
dog can claim that.

"The Bible tells how to deal with people like that. " Did you mean, "love your
enemies"?

This is open to debate I'd say. Your phraseology could be interpreted as
arrogant pride, and you have made yourself a judge already by condemning a
person as "people like that"   I'm not saying you meant it, but that is how the
play on words sound.

"When people are exposed to the truth, feelings can inevitably get hurt."

That is illogical. People naturally love the truth. Being exposed to the truth,
is not knowing it. Its when you say your "truth" is better than theirs, with a
superior air, without any other proof than your personal claim to have the Holy
ghost, as well as/or a superior intelligence, then it is possible for people to
get offended.

I think it is better to maintain kindness with reason...

  Your fear of being critical sounds very much like the 'political correctness'
variety! When you are in possesion of the truth it is OK to cricise those who
reject it. The same goes for criticising Christian brothers who bring
disrespect to the Bible and the church. The Bible tells how to deal with people
like that. When people are exposed to the truth, feelings can inevitably get
hurt. I voiced the same thing to Neville when I asked him if he knew of anyone
who shared the same belief? All that Neville has is the hope that his almighty
measures up to his perception.