[geocentrism] Re: Tides

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 13:38:15 -0700 (PDT)

Still, where is this thread leading now? - Brevity please!

    Three points:
  1. Tides contridiction ........
  2. The inertial paradox..(slide 2 attached.....a separate but related tides
issue)
  3. gyroscopic contridicion.....

  "as for discarding Newtonian mechanics" I did not say they through everything
that newton ever said about mechanics out the window any more then they through
everything Copernicus or Galileo said out the window.........They still use
some of all of those..However, Newtonian Mechanics does not and is not what
describes or defines....motion (absolute v relative which Newtonian Mechanics
distinguishes) nor does MS use newton to explain gravity, inertia, or
acceleration, or how those things work wrt bodies and or each other in
celestial mechanics ... The point to all of this is the diagram I attached
earlier..(I will attach it again here so no one has to hunt for it) succinctly
makes my point #2 in my previous postings.....(you can't have a detectable
inertial reaction both detectable and not detectable there at the same time wrt
the exact same things)......& thus highlights one aspect of the  the tides
acceleration issue in Point # 1 ...

Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      I'm just going to interrupt these lengthy exchanges, before they go
around in circles and fill all our inboxes, to condense Allen's latest into the
following assertion from his postscript:

"Einstein taught us that gravity and acceleration are one and the same."

This is perfectly true.

Further,

"THAT IS THE EQUIVALENCE PRINCIPLE"

again, is perfectly correct. (Original quotes have been amended only for
spelling errors.)

As for discarding Newtonian mechanics, I'm not so sure that MS does that very
much. It seems to me that MS reserves General Relativity as a sort of tool of
last resort.

The problem here is that the mathematical analyses are very complicated on both
sides. Even the barycentre analysis as it would apply to the so-called 'solar
system' is beyond attempts to mathematically model it.

Still, where is this thread leading now? - Brevity please!