[geocentrism] Re: Several posts

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 01:16:34 +0100 (BST)

Dear Nick,

You said that, "Thank you for your follow up. Although I think it would have
been upright of you to answer, rather then dodge, my simple question on whether
you claim to be infallible on religious matters ..."

I will answer your simple question. No, of course I do not claim to be
infallible on religious matters, nor on scientific matters, nor anything else.

You asked another question in your lengthy posting, if I remember correctly. Do
I consider that the Bible I use can have errors? My answer to this question is
yes, I do accept that the KJV and NIV can have errors in them.

Also, you say, "With reference to your claim that statements by the Catholic
Church on geocentrism go against Biblical teaching on the matter, will you
please cite us to the specific sources so those who are interested can review
them."

Did not Pope John Paul II pardon Galilei and state that Galilei was right all
along? Yet the Scriptures tell us that the World cannot be moved and that it
was the Sun and Moon that stopped moving, etc., etc.

"Your continued use of the Bible shows you accept the Catholic Church acted
infallibly in putting it together ..."

No, sir, it does not.

Have I "dodged" anything else?