[geocentrism] Re: Atoms & Electrons

  • From: Regner Trampedach <art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:42:02 +1100

I forgot a few comments in my previous long reply to this thread.

philip madsen wrote:
Paul I could be wrong but I thought the electron microscope had proved the general outline of atoms many years back.
Conventional (or light) microscopes, nor electron microscopes, ca
resolve atoms. Various scanning probe microscopes (including the
scanning tunneling microscope) can.
On rereading the post I hope you picked up my mistake, "I thought neutrons were a combined proton and neutron. always in the nucleus, having the major weight of the proton of course. " I should have said combined "proton and electron"
Well caught!
It is, however, a rather imprecise statement on the beta-decay
which proceeds as follows:
     neutron -> proton + electron + anti(electron neutrino)
i.e., a neutron can decay into a proton, an electron and an
anti electron-neutrino. Saying that the neutrino consists of
all these particles is not correct. The decay is mediated by
the fourth fundamental force of nature: "the weak nuclear
force", and a free neutron decays through that process with
a half-life of 15 minuttes. In the early days of nuclear
physics the electrons from radio-active decays were called
beta-particles - hence the name "beta-decay".

      Regner

And my , "Oh they have been seen Paul" was bad text.. My mind was on electron beams and electron space clouds around heated cathodes. I should have written seen with the marks as in "seen" ... We can count them as they hit an anode. Seen as in with the intellect rather than the eyes.. I have never said all science is faked so your sarcasm flies over the top of my head. I have never pretended to understand DNA printing, but the application is evidence of its truth. I apply the same reasoning to "seeing electrons" even without the microscope. "One day I'll take a section of the Bible and rewrite it in the manner you (and others) suggest that science should be reported." Best of luck. The Bible was written by God, and only God can interpret it as he quite clearly says in it, "my ways are not your ways" . I know that *I *could never claim to have the Holy Spirit of God in me to be able to difinitively write it for ordinary human comprehension. I can have many a good guess, but so can everybody and anybody. Pilate saith to him: What is truth? and he in advance answered him,

"Every one that is *of the truth* heareth my voice. " Notice the exclusion clause.. Philip.
        Date: 6/02/2008 9:13 AM

    9/02/2008 11:54 AM