[geocentrism] Re: Atoms & Electrons

  • From: Regner Trampedach <art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:35:28 +1100

Jack Lewis wrote:
Thanks for the info Paul it was really appreciated.

I realise nobody has ever seen one
On the contrary, Jack.
The scanning tunneling microscope was invented in 1987 and can easily
resolve atoms. Have a look at:
     http://www.phys.au.dk/spm/
There is also a STM picture and movie-gallery in the left-hand-side of
that page. Each bump in the pictures is an atom. We can tell which element
a particular atom is, and we can also remove and deposit single atoms using
the same technology - first done in 1989 by D. Eigler from IBM:
http://www.ieee-virtual-museum.org/collection/event.php?id=3457012&lid=1 <http://www.ieee-virtual-museum.org/collection/event.php?id=3457012&lid=1>
I have seen the scanning tunneling microscope in action. It drifted markedly
when I entered the room, because my body-temperature heated the room
and the microscope, resulting in an expansion of the microscope. I also snapped
my fingers, and the sound, traveling through the air and the many stages of
suspension designed to isolate it from shaking - resulted in a deep furrow in the
picture.

   Regner

but I have to observe current convention and illustrate what has been asked for. Incidentally the illustration is one of a total 69 that I'm doing for a new creationist book about geology.

Some scientists have lied but most postulate or theorize when they don't know the answer. Is this a technical way to cover-up a lie? I suppose the difference is between knowing the theory is wrong because the alternative is unthinkable and believing the theory to be right in spite of the unthinkable.

Jack

Paul Deema wrote:
Jack L
The number of electrons equals the number of protons (unless it's ionised). The number of neutrons depends upon whether it's an isotope (and which isotope). The number of electron orbits depends upon which element you're talking about (and from memory, something to do with energy levels such as in hydrogen where there is only one electron but in one of two orbits). The number of electrons in each orbit depends upon which element you're talking about and on the maximum number which can fit in that orbit. You could do worse than go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom and do a quick self-help exercise. (If that's not enough detail, the article has 119 references plus many embedded links). But why bother? It's all the work of those lying scientists and no one has ever seen one, so they probably don't exist anyway.