[geocentrism] Re: Atoms & Electrons

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 06:58:21 +1000

Not within the atoms and electrons , or is it....

Paul saith, "The Bible was written by God? I seem to recall you agreeing with
me that it was not but was written by men who claim to have been guided by God.
"

A slightly different view I had Paul..  The men who wrote it claimed nothing ..
Other men in council, claiming the authority to do so, have made a declaration
that the Bible is the Word of God, and thus that it was written by men under
the "control" or inspiration of the Holy ghost, which means God. We know of
other books not gathered among these books, that are also considered as
inspired, but not cannonised as so.

Also remember that only the original writing can be called inspired.Most if not
all of which are long gone. .  Subsequent copies are not so inspired or
protected from error, and can be corrupted, hence the need for an Authority on
earth to check, verify and then authorise, the copies to be true renditions.
That extreme variation occurs is proof of such a need, otherwise the claim that
it is the Word of God is pointless.

After all that, we then come to interpretation, which can be just as varied and
contradictory. The Catholic church in council claims the authority to rule on
interpretation, but most of it is still in the "do your own thing " category,
so long as it does not conflict with basic doctrine already declared.

Hence, my quote where He answered Pilate's utterance "What is truth?" with

"Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. "

Notice the exclusion clause..  eh?  I think that is more profound than Pilates
question.