[GeoStL] Re: St Charles City Parks caches

  • From: "Mike Henthorn" <mikeinmo1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 06:35:37 -0600

I will call them back today and ask.

                -----Original Message-----
                From: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Glenn
                Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:05 PM
                To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                Subject: [GeoStL] Re: St Charles City Parks caches

                Did they happen to give you an official  list of parks
governed by the city?  Which parks and how many caches are involved?

                When I get in a note posting mood I could pop some notes on
the caches.

                Glenn
                On Jan 31, 2012, at 12:56 PM, G Mail wrote:

                I was contacted today by the St Charles City Parks
Department and then by the St Charles City Police Department. It seems that
one of my Tremendous Tree caches that the Missouri Botanical Gardens had
supposedly received the proper information for placing caused a bit of a
scare yesterday. The tube that the MBG had placed on the back of the tree
signs for the caches was a PVC pipe w/ caps at both ends. On this cache the
tube had been pulled loose from thee sign and was lying on the ground near
the sign. Someone reported it to the Police and they had the bomb squad out
to check it out. Upon investigation they found out that it was my cache and
that there was no permit for the cache. Here is the actual more important
thing. They told me that there are NO CACHE PERMITS on file for any caches
in St Charles City parks. I was really surprised because I know that some of
you with caches in St Charles City Parks have received permission from
someone. It was not the correct person or you did not follow the correct
procedures. The city is cache friendly but they want their rules followed.
There is a procedure to follow at the following link.
http://www.stcharlesparks.com/tinymce/filemanager/files/geocaching_procedure
.pdf
                The Ranger and Police suggested that if you have a cache in
a St Charles City Park, it is not legal and it should be removed until you
follow the proper procedures to get your permit. I told them that I would
pass this information along through this freelist and on the SLAGA web site.

                Mike Henthorn
                636-866-4644

                 << File: ATT00005.txt >>