[GeoStL] Re: Persimmons and Olney

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 21:10:07 -0500

-
Here is the link for the event:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a5b300cc-b21f-488e-81
03-74687f89a7f6

They are generally ripe around the first frost, but the frost has nothing to
do if they are ripe.  If they are soft, they are good.

It is from Euell Gibbions Stalking the Wild Asparagus.

First thing you have to do is get ripe persimmons, wash them, and then
separate the pulp in a colander

Shift 2 cups of flour and 1 teaspoon of soda

Cream 1 cup sugar with 1.5 sticks of margarine then add two well beaten
eggs, then dump into the flour/soda mixture.

Then add 1/2 pint (1 cup) permission pulp and 1/2 cup hickory nuts or
walnuts

Bake 1 hour at 325

Jim Bensman

"Nature Bats Last"