[GeoStL] Persimmons and Olney

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 23:26:09 -0500

-
Snowbird, Lancelot and I made our Olney (actually North of there) trip over
the weekend.  It was a great trip.  While we did not find as many caches as
I had hoped, we had lots of fun and found lots of persimmons.  They were the
best tasting ones I ever had and it looks like there is a bumper crop this
year.  So be on the look out for the persimmons!

We camped and since it was such a clear night, we did not put on our rain
flys.  We were rudely awoken by a thunderstorm about 6:30 am.  It made lots
of noise but not much rain.  Once we rushed, got up, and broke camp it went
away.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

Subject field