[GeoStL] Re: Persimmons and Olney

  • From: Bernie <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 21:01:41 -0500

-

  I ate some this morning. There is nothing bitter about them. I pop the
whole persimmon in to my mouth and then spit out the seed. They absolutely
have to be ripe or they have maximum pucker power. Once they start hitting
the ground, then it is a pretty good sign that the are ripe.  Bernie.

Jen wrote: - I thought persimmons weren't good untill after the first frost.
I have a huge persimmon tree in my yard and I can't say either of us like
thesour things :-) I haven't ever tried persimmon bread though. What cache
fest are you talking about on the 22nd? Jen ----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>[1] To:
<geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[2]Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 11:38 PM
Subject:[GeoStL] Re: Persimmons and Olney - I was out hiding my 5 new caches
today and came across an area that smelled just like persimmons. I
investigated where it was coming from and there stood a huge persimmon tree
and the ground was covered with them. I ate a few and moved on. I gathered a
huge bag the other day and made almost 3 cups of pulp. I have baked 5 mini
loaves of persimmon bread and I am down to the last loaf. In the morning, I
will bake about 8 more loaves. I have a great recipe. Myotis gave me one
lastyear and it is just as good. I just added some cinnamon and a little
moresugar. It is soooooo goooood!!! It looks like a few people are signing
upfor the cache slash fest on the 22nd. It should be a blast! Mike Tired of
Spam?? Here's your solution.. See: http://www.spamarrest.com/affl?4001050[3]
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>[4]
To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[5] Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 11:26 PM
Subject: [GeoStL] Persimmons and Olney - Snowbird, Lancelot and I made our
Olney (actually North of there) trip over the weekend. It was a great trip.
While we did not find as many caches as I had hoped, we had lots of fun and
found lots of persimmons. They were the best tasting ones I ever had and it
looks like there is a bumper crop this year. So be on the look out for the
persimmons! We camped and since it was such a clear night, we did not put on
our rain flys. We were rudely awoken by a thunderstorm about 6:30 am. It
madelots of noise but not much rain. Once we rushed, got up, and broke camp
it went away. Jim Bensman "Nature Bats Last"
Subject field

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   2 mailto:geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx