[GeoStL] Re: Persimmons and Olney

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 20:33:12 -0500

-

I have about 6 of them. I have really wanted to collect them and make some
persimmon wine, but never seem to get around to it.

The skin is what is bitter. If you peel the skin and eat the insides, then
they are good.

Miha Ivan

Jen wrote:
- I thought persimmons weren't good untill after the first frost. I have a
huge persimmon tree in my yard and I can't say either of us like the sour
things :-) I haven't ever tried persimmon bread though. What cache fest are
you talking about on the 22nd? Jen ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike
Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>[1] To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[2] Sent:
Monday, October 03, 2005 11:38 PM Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Persimmons and Olney
- I was out hiding my 5 new caches today and came across an area that
smelledjust like persimmons. I investigated where it was coming from and
there stood a huge persimmon tree and the ground was covered with them. I
atea few and moved on. I gathered a huge bag the other day and made almost 3
cups of pulp. I have baked 5 mini loaves of persimmon bread and I am down to
the last loaf. In the morning, I will bake about 8 more loaves. I have a
great recipe. Myotis gave me one last year and it is just as good. I just
added some cinnamon and a little more sugar. It is soooooo goooood!!! It
looks like a few people are signing up for the cache slash fest on the 22nd.
It should be a blast! Mike Tired of Spam?? Here's your solution.. See:
http://www.spamarrest.com/affl?4001050[3] ----- Original Message ----- From:
"Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>[4] To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[5]
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 11:26 PM Subject: [GeoStL] Persimmons and
Olney - Snowbird, Lancelot and I made our Olney (actually North of there)
trip over the weekend. It was a great trip. While we did not find as many
caches as I had hoped, we had lots of fun and found lots of persimmons. They
were the best tasting ones I ever had and it looks like there is a bumper
crop this year. So be on the look out for the persimmons! We camped and
sinceit was such a clear night, we did not put on our rain flys. We were
rudely awoken by a thunderstorm about 6:30 am. It made lots of noise but not
much rain. Once we rushed, got up, and broke camp it went away. Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last" **************************************** Our WebPage!
Http://WWW.GeoStL.com[6] Mail List Info.
//www.freelists.org/list/geocaching[7] Mail List FAQ's:
//www.freelists.org/help/questions.html[8]
Subject field

--- Links ---