[GeoStL] Re: Night Caching

  • From: Susan Ring <susanmring@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 14:51:29 -0500

Sometimes there's a night cache (maybe just temporary and not loggable)
associated with the BYO event on Friday night.  You won't need anything more
than a flashlight for something like that.

If the weather's nice, there are usually several (or many) groups of cachers
who keep caching well into the night, especially Friday night.  Again, just a
flashlight or a headlamp is all that's needed.  It's a fantastic experience,
but needless to say, tread carefully.  I seem to remember some night caching at
Mark Twain that almost led a group of us off a bluff in single file, like
lemmings...

No one's ever given us any trouble about caching at night at MOGA in an ACOE
area (well, maybe a sheriff's deputy once, but that's a different story) but if
anybody knows something special about the Shelbyville area, please speak up
before I get Patty in trouble.

So just look around for folks who are heading out to cache after the BYO and
you'll get your fill of night caching!