[GeoStL] Re: Night Caching

  • From: James Leistico <james_leistico@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 21:44:00 -0500

I saw that there is a neat sounding one in my hometown in Cali - hoping to do
that this summer

From: steve.bromley@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 22:21:51 -0500
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Night Caching
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

There were, at one time, several great night caches in the area but, sadly,
they are gone.  The only special equipment I have for night caching is a nice,
strong flashlight.  I've only seen one cache that required UV and it could be
figured out without it.  Maybe I;ll start scouting the area to see if I can put
one out.

--Steve

It's not only the destination but the path you take and the friends you make
along the way

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Susan Ring <susanmring@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Sometimes there's a night cache (maybe just temporary and not loggable)
associated with the BYO event on Friday night.  You won't need anything more
than a flashlight for something like that.

If the weather's nice, there are usually several (or many) groups of cachers
who keep caching well into the night, especially Friday night.  Again, just a
flashlight or a headlamp is all that's needed.  It's a fantastic experience,
but needless to say, tread carefully.  I seem to remember some night caching at
Mark Twain that almost led a group of us off a bluff in single file, like
lemmings...

No one's ever given us any trouble about caching at night at MOGA in an ACOE
area (well, maybe a sheriff's deputy once, but that's a different story) but if
anybody knows something special about the Shelbyville area, please speak up
before I get Patty in trouble.

So just look around for folks who are heading out to cache after the BYO and
you'll get your fill of night caching!

On Mar 23, 2013, at 6:35 AM, Patricia Hutchison wrote:

Greetings, all.  I ran a PQ for night caches around MOGA, but the closest one
is over 25 miles away (and is a puzzle cache).  I have never been night caching
and was wondering if anyone going to MOGA planned on doing night caching and if
s/he'd mind if I tagged along for the experience.  Since I'm still a novice, I
don't have any night caching equipment (special lights and the like) and I
wanted to try it out before I invested in anything like blacklights, etc.
Please advise.  Thanks!

Patty Spiritwolf922