[GeoStL] Re: Common sense when hiding

  • From: Dan Baldenweck <harp8n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 18:57:51 -0700 (PDT)

gay baby seals?

----- Original Message ----
From: RNX <_rnx_@xxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 8:44:26 PM
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Common sense when hiding

-
Why can't we all just get along?-Rodney King
What's to say that the two are exclusive? I'm glad that parents would notice a
suspicious person (doesn't have to be a man) wondering around "lost" or
apparently dazed and confused near their kids. These parents should keep a
close eye their kids under these or any circumstances. Does this mean that we
should all avoid children and/or any area where we may encounter children? I
think not. I love to swing on a swing-set and I"m 40 years old. I don't need a
kid to use as my ticket for admission. I have my inner child for that.
It takes a village to raise a child. They are our greatest resource. Do we want
our next generation to learn to use rational thought or that hysterics should
replace rational thought. Is it OK to repress a few individuals in order for
the masses to maintain their illusion of security.
I just read a news story about an unfortunate 4 year old girl who wondered out
in the street and was hit by a car (the child is in the hospital and doing
well, considering). Her parents are suing the city because they feel that the
street is unsafe. Does this make sense? Shouldn't the parents have the ultimate
responsibility to keep their 4 year olds out of the street regardless of if
it's safe or not? Is there any such thing as a safe street? Maybe we should ban
cars from driving in streets to ease the minds of the parents of all 4 year
olds.
It is important as a cache hider to recognize the impact that your cache will
have on an area. Please no micros tucked inside a historic 150 year old stone
wall with coords that are off by 60 ft and no clue. No tramping through flower
beds to gain one more smiley, and no more clubbing unborn gay baby seals for
Jesus. As for uneasy parents ... It comes with the territory. Be ever vigilant.
We can not vilify a stranger just because we do not know their intentions. Keep
an eye on them. Better yet, keep an eye on your kids.
Love many, trust few, harm none.-Yeo Man
IMHO, If you get to a cache location and there is something about it that makes
you uncomfortable. Don't do it. Move on. There are only a few thousand caches
in the area to choose from. There will be more tomorrow.
p.s. I had a roast beef and cheddar sandwich with bacon for dinner (no veggies,
you don't get a body like this by eating vegitables) ;-p