[frgeek-michiana] Re: Digital projectors and VL 5.9/6.0

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown46628@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 15:53:40 -0700 (PDT)

I found a keyboard map file for Dell laptops in VL 6.0. I modified it to
recognize my Inspiron B130 and added some stock Dell laptop function key
mappings. After a reboot, a few of the Func+Fnum toggle key combinations were
activated.

/usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/30-keymap-dell.fdi

The HP mapping file was slim pickings compared to the Dell file.

At most, keyboard mappings will allow us to toggle the LCD/CRT on/off if HAL
recognizes the external display device.

Tom