Re: [foxboro] IACC versus ICC

  • From: "Johnson, Alex P \(IPS\)" <alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 11:28:00 -0500

Re: IACC seems to be only an interim product between the ICC and the IEE
As I said at the User's Group meeting, ALL products are interim
products.=20

We are committed to maximizing the retention of your Intellectual and
Physical Assets over time, but we are not going to commit to
consistently enhancing any particular product.

To that end, the IEE can import IACC templates and control blocks.

Re: IACC future development
It is true that new feature development for IACC will be minimized, but
there are no formal plans at this point to put it in the Mature state,
i.e., stop enhancement.=20

That may occur at some point, but it has not yet occurred.

Re: IEE
The IEE - today - cannot do everything that the IACC can do. In
particular, it is limited to newer equipment. That is, equipment and
software that is in the Preferred state as of V8.2.

The following provides a brief comparison among ICC, FoxCAE, IACC, and
IEE:

Number of databases per system
=09ICC:      1/CP   =20
=09FoxCAE:          =20
      IACC:     1 / CP    =20
      IEE:      1    =20
      Comments: IEE does not support by unit modularity for
configuration.
                That is there is exactly one IEE server per system. IACC
                allows multiple servers per system, i.e., by unit
modularity.

Number of controllers per database
=09ICC:      1         =20
=09FoxCAE:
=09IACC:     1-3    =20
=09IEE:      All    =20
=09Comments: IACC does not support putting everything in one
database so
                peer-to-peer connections may need to be entered by hand.
IEE
                does not have this limitation. ICC always requires by
hand
                connection specification.

Number of users per database    =20
=09ICC:      1         =20
=09FoxCAE:  =20
=09IACC:     1    =20
=09IEE:      Many - limited by performance
    =20
System Definition Support Built-in
=09IEE:      N         =20
=09FoxCAE:   N
=09IACC:     Y (V6.4 and up)
=09IEE:      Y (V8.2 and up)

Control Scheme Templates    =20
=09ICC:      N    =20
      FoxCAE:   Y    =20
=09IACC:     Y    =20
=09IEE:      Y    =20

Graphical generation of control schemes    =20
=09ICC:      N    =20
=09FoxCAE:   N    =20
=09IACC:     Y    =20
=09IEE:      Y    =20

Animated Loop Drawings    =20
=09ICC:      N    =20
=09FoxCAE:   N    =20
=09IACC:     Y
      IEE:      Y    =20

HMI Building Integrated    =20
      ICC:      N    =20
      FoxCAE:   N    =20
      IACC:     Y    =20
=09IEE:      N (On the roadmap for InFusion View, FoxView is TBD)

Device Templates    =20
      ICC:      N    =20
      FoxCAE:   N    =20
      IACC:     Y    =20
=09IEE:      Phase 2

FDT Support for FF    =20
=09ICC:      N    =20
      FoxCAE:   N    =20
      IACC:     Y in IACC V2.2  =20
      IEE:      Phase 2

FDT Support for HART/FoxCom
=09ICC:      N    =20
      FoxCAE:   N    =20
=09IACC:     N
=09IEE:      N    =20
=09Comment:  In all cases, FDM (PACTware) for HART and FoxCom is
used

InFusion Application Environment Support
=09ICC:      N    =20
=09FoxCAE:   N    =20
=09IACC:     N
=09IEE:      Y    =20

Scriptable Operation/Open database
=09IEE:      Y (ICC Driver Task)
=09FoxCAE:   Y (FoxPro Database)
=09IACC:     N    =20
=09IEE:      Phase 2 (SQL Server used, but objects and object
attributes
                are not necessarily accessible and the schema is not
                not published for external acces. Tools will be added to
                provide access to the data

Workfile support:
=09IEE:      Y
=09FoxCAE:   Y (also keeps a separate database)
=09IACC:     Y (also keeps a separate database)
=09IEE:      N (Everything stored in SQL Server)

Regards,
=20
Alex Johnson
Invensys Systems, Inc.