Re: [foxboro] IACC versus ICC

  • From: "Lowell, Timothy" <TLowell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 07:53:04 -0600

Shaun,

You may also want to consider that the new InFusion product line from
Invensys includes the InFusion Engineering Environment (IEE), which will
eventually supersede IACC as the configuration tool of choice for the
I/A system.  As I understand it, and please, all you Invensys folks jump
in and correct me if I am wrong, but IACC is essentially on the same
track as FoxCAE, supported indefinitely but not being further developed.
IEE requires v.8.2 or higher, so depending on when you expect to upgrade
to that version, this may be of interest to you.  Certainly, many of the
skills learned using IACC would be transferable to IEE, but it is a
different product with a different interface, and you may want to jump
right into IEE without first going to IACC.

Tim Lowell
Control Systems Engineer
Tesoro Corporation
(office) 210-283-2929