Re: [foxboro] CALCA / Foxdraw / BAD I/O Graphic Question

  • From: "Badura, Tom" <tbadura@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 11:05:19 -0500

Yes, a 3-state device block has been on my wish list also.  We use quite
a few - 2-speed motors, 3 position diverting valves, bulk/dribble feed
valves.  We have created a series of CALC blocks and a CIN for alarm
generation to handle these devices and make them appear as standard
devices to the operators.  We also use GDEVs to handle Hand Valves
(manually actuated valves with position feedback limits).  We add a
logic block to manipulate the DSR when the operator moves the valve.
Again, it allows them to appear and act like a "standard" GDEV valve.
Would be glad to share any of these if anyone is interested.

Tom Badura
Plastics Engineering Company
tbadura@xxxxxxxxxx