Re: [foxboro] Backup Stragady - Win Servers

  • From: Robert Gonzales <rgonzales@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:01:22 -0500

ARCserve is a product from CA that my company just started testing for
our customers.
One reason we like it is that it can do the UNIX machines and Windows
machines all at the same time.

It backs up to a centralized server and allows for remote management.

Here is a link for it http://arcserve.com/us/

Thanks.

On 4/12/2010 12:36 PM, Brian Long wrote:
> We are implementing a number of Win Servers and eventually Win Op stations.
> We're curious to know how others handle backups.  With Unix we kept at least
> 3 tapes and typically restored them to hard drives to verify the backup was
> ok and to have an emergency spare drive(s) on hand.  Currently we are
> backing up Win Servers to USB drives but as we add more and more this will
> become difficult and not very practical.  Any suggestions would be
> appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Brian Long
>
> Arkansas Kraft

> 01:32:00

Robert (Bob) Gonzales
Assistant Director of Sales&  Marketing
Process Control Outlet http://www.pco2.com
281/421-1321
Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail is for the
intended recipient(s) alone. It may contain privileged and confidential
information that is exempt from disclosure under United Sates law and if you
are not an intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action
in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us
immediately either by using the reply facility on your e-mail system or at:
Telephone: 281/421-1321  Fax: 281/421-2683