[elky] Ugly weather

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 14:54:59 -0600

               Well the weather is not really getting any better here. It
was 80* yesterday and 83* right now with a heat index of 85 may hit 85* in a
bit.  Was sweating in the car today cause I don't like running the AC if I
don't have to.

                     Back out to work on the laundry room. More pics to
come.   Here is the latest one though.
http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/elcam84/new%20house/?action=view&current=028.jpg

                           I have a half sheet already installed in that
corner. As you can see I also add blocking between the joists and up against
the rim joist. This just makes it a little stronger and gives more support
to the wall above it. The floor is pretty stiff as is but I may add another
layer of 1/2" before the 1/4" hardi board and tile. The 3/4 is under the
walls and I may run the 1/2" under them as well and shorten the wall a
little (the studs are too long at 94.5 anyway).
                 Been debating how I want to do the floors as in how thick.
The kitchen is planned to be solid wood. The house has 7/8 tongue and groove
for it's base subfloor which is hard to equal up to these days and most of
the house has 3/4 and some places have another 1/4" underlayment. goofy