[elky] OT: Another Target 550 update

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 20:14:10 -0700

This one was supposed to be done Friday nite, but "technical difficulties" (Doc and I ware both workin on other stuff under a deadline) delayed it until this morning:

http://www.target550.com/gallery/78_oil%20system_plumbing_&_guages/index.html

This is the description for the post:

 Plumbing the oil system, oil pressure gauges for the
 instrument panel and starting stations.

Part of it is installing oil pressure gauges in two locations. The starting stations are beginning to resemble a dyno control panel. I wunner if they're gonna install secondary throttles and tachs there. I know of a coupla liners that have dual throttle cables...one for the starting area and one for the cockpit. Last year an "unnamed team" started their liner and then when they did the push-off with the truck, the thing would only idle. They'd forgotten to replace the starting throttle with the cockpit throttle. The liner's owner said, "please don't print that." Well, I didn't at the time and since I'm not namin names....well, I ain't worried about it.

Anyway, there's some kool stuff in there...like a -16 sized flaring tool. If you've ever tried to flare -6 or -8 line...well imagine a line about an inch in diameter and getting a perfect flare the first time. I guess that's why they're fabricators and I'm a photographer and bassist. :)

Enjoy,