[elky] Re: Ugly weather

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 18:17:07 -0700

I otta smack ya...

Same thing forecast all week....yeah, I know....it's winter and all, but somebody otta tell yer weather gods.

As least my RTV fix stopped the leak at the top of the windshield and I don't have to drive around with a towel over the steering column.  C'mon spring!

On 12/21/2010 1:54 PM, Robert Adams wrote:

               Well the weather is not really getting any better here. It was 80* yesterday and 83* right now with a heat index of 85 may hit 85* in a bit.  Was sweating in the car today cause I don't like running the AC if I don't have to.

                     Back out to work on the laundry room. More pics to come.   Here is the latest one though. http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/elcam84/new%20house/?action="">

                           I have a half sheet already installed in that corner. As you can see I also add blocking between the joists and up against the rim joist. This just makes it a little stronger and gives more support to the wall above it. The floor is pretty stiff as is but I may add another layer of 1/2" before the 1/4" hardi board and tile. The 3/4 is under the walls and I may run the 1/2" under them as well and shorten the wall a little (the studs are too long at 94.5 anyway).
                 Been debating how I want to do the floors as in how thick. The kitchen is planned to be solid wood. The house has 7/8 tongue and groove for it's base subfloor which is hard to equal up to these days and most of the house has 3/4 and some places have another 1/4" underlayment. goofy