[elky] Re: OT: water heater

  • From: "Jim" <jdos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:53:38 -0600

The reason for lifting them off the floor was , when they  are a gas unit,
and in the garage, heavy vapors from gas, etc, would travel along the floor
until they hit the pilot light and then ''boom''

It really makes no diff for an elec heater, for any reason I can see.  And I
agree..hardly anyone drains their heater until it dies ,and is 'cold'
anyway..  otherwise, the hot water would melt my hose (almost) if I drained
it before turning off the power(gas) and letting it cool down.
And then when you did drain it - flush it- the sediment would keep the valve
from closing tight enough and you'd always have a leak-slow drip.

Jim