[elky] Re: OT: water heater

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:57:57 -0600

I will be using the flex lines for water and gas. I guess I'm fortunate that I haven't hit Condition Red yet. I'm actually taking my time and just doing it at my pace.

Well if it gets that bad I'll come up for the weekend and put it in for you.

I've also gotta get someone to look at my refrigerator's freezer compartment. It's more like a "melter" compartment. :) Good thing I have a freezer in the laundry room.

Ray

First to check is the defrost timer. Then the defrost switch on the coil inside the fridge. It is inline of the heating element and if stuck open it'll never defrost. In a few rare cases I have bypassed this switch cause the defrost timers are crap now and burn contacts and some older heating elements pull more amps.

Really should have looked at it while I was there cause it wasn't working very well then either.