[elky] Re: Floor the 28th - Non

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 11:01:55 -0800

Both!  in oregon.

Unless we hit the lottery, no birdseye maple.  but I do like that stuff!

Yes, I've pretty much given up on the two tone doors. And no way will they ever be MDF. I'll stick with the oak plywood before that happens.

Mary

If you have a woodcraft or rockler stop in and take a look at the bloodwood. It's nothing like cherry. Cherry is basically like poplar with a red hue over time and stains blotchy like maple and birch. Bloodwood has reflections at different angles due to the high silica content also why it dulls tools fast. Very heavy stuff too.