[elky] Re: Floor the 28th - Non

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 10:01:18 -0800

prreeettttyyyy!!!!!!
Sorta off the topic, but here's a link to 27 photos being voted on as the "7 Wonders of Nature."  Great shots, including several rain forest photos.
http://itineraries.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/11/8758322-tally-from-2-year-vote-reveals-new-7-wonders-of-nature

I think this is my favorite.  The photos on the website are 1200 pixels wide, although a couple of 'em aren't the best quality images.

On 11/12/2011 7:33 AM, Chris Lindh wrote:
We thought we liked exotic imported woods (Brazilian Maple, Cherry, etc.), until we found out they all come from the rain forests.

My understanding is the stranded bamboo is made from the leftover pieces from when they make the horizontal and vertical bamboo.  Bamboo is a green flooring choice, except for the fuel used to get it here.

We like our stranded bamboo; it is that same dark color: "caramelized" / "carbonized"; I think it they toast it to darken it, mmmmm toasted bamboo.  It's holding up well 3 years later.  We did white baseboards and stained Oak shoe moulding to match the flooring.  If I were to do it again I might do the shoe moulding white.  The floor-colored shoe moulding makes the baseboards look shorter, it is a good thing we used a taller baseboard (which caused more problems with A/C registers).  You have to watch when handling the boards, you can get a wicked splinter.