[elky] Re: Floor the 28th - Non

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 09:54:49 -0600

                      Here the dark stain cabinets and aged brass were
popular in the 80s but it makes the kitchen a black hole. The really dark
browns are out here but pretty much everything else is good. There isn't
any one more popular than the other.

                  Here are a few pics of the church job I'm finishing
up(prayer room so dark and quiet). It's allot of red oak. 3/4 (actually
13/16) on the ceiling beams Raised panels on the lower walls, travertine
tile etc. Started as a rough cinderblock room that was sort of an office
with a layer of carpet and tile underneath. Framed and did everything
inside.  The pics aren't great as I only have the camera on my phone and
this room is extremely bad lighting wise. The stained glass window lets
light in and make pics a real pain.

                    The stain is by general finishes and is a waterborne
stain. It dries extremely fast and works well on many hard to stain woods.
It's called water borne but don't think it's water based, all they do is
use a little water as a carrier instead of another medium. There is very
little about it that is water, treat it like any oil based product and it
will not wash off hands and it will raise the grain. The color is rosewood
and the topcoat is Gemini precat lacquer.

                  The lighted part of the bloodwood cross was an
afterthought. If earlier would have put an outlet in the wall for it. Going
to build a table to go there and it will totally block the cord.

            [image: 008-2.jpg]
[image: 007-1.jpg]

[image: 010-2.jpg]

 [image: 009.jpg]