[electrobooks] Re: reading books in order

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <electrobooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 18:34:31 +0100

Sandra,

I agree that it is preferable if you can do it, but a good author should be
able to refer to earlier facts without making it essential that you know the
whole story.  I often notice Peter Robinson refers to previous events, but
it is not essential to have read the previous book.  Surely with any book
you should be able to ick it up and read it without worrying what came
before.

I think it is presuming rather a lot for an author to think that all readers
have read all of his books in order.

David