[edi581] Re: Clifford Stoll Article

  • From: tgra0706 <tgra0706@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edi581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:37:44 -0500

Some of the things that Mr.. Stoll addresses, I have thought of, but some of
them I have not. For me, being a classroom teacher with only a teacher
computer in the room, and a laptop, it makes it not as convenient to go to the
infamous computer lab. I plan to make some time in there to complete a lesson
on excel, e-mail, webquest,and a scavenger hunt, but I don't feel that my
students are missing out if we don't get to these computer-oriented lessons.
What is actually holding me back, is that I want to cover our curriculum that
is already in front of us, and make sure that the students can complete the
assignments the old fashion way(pencil and paper) and that the computer lab is
more of a treat. I agree computers and technology is great, but when do you
apply and how often. There are(believe it or not) some people living in our
world today who are not computer literate and don't care to be, but that
should not be too shocking because you still have some who are literacy
illiterate and the numbers continue to grow. So Mr.. Stoll's article really
brought up some controversial topics, but I don't know if some of his thoughts
or things that he wants to change will be discussed or cared to be discussed
by our technological world.

   JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx